Stephens College Library has an immediate opening for a 12-month, professional, full-time Access Services Manager. The person in this position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of resource sharing (including interlibrary loan and MOBIUS borrowing/lending), course reserves, circulation (including overdues), and stack maintenance. The library seeks candidates who are proactive, industrious, service oriented, and who will contribute to the long-term planning of all library services. The person filling this position will be required to work one evening or weekend shift per week when school is in session.
1. Oversee all Interlibrary Loan and document delivery services. Process requests for lending and borrowing of library materials through OCLC's Tipasa software. Research the Internet, various databases, and elsewhere to verify citations and obtain articles. Send or receive documents electronically or through other delivery methods.
2. Oversee and process course reserves. Work with faculty to accommodate their needs as much as possible, follow copyright guidelines, and ensure that materials are available in a timely manner.
3. Oversee circulation functions and stack maintenance.
4. Manage all processes involving overdue, missing, and billed materials through general circulation, interlibrary loan, and MOBIUS lending or borrowing.
5. Prepare periodic statistical reports for all resource sharing services.
6. Monitor the temperature and humidity in the library to ensure appropriate levels. Stay informed about environmental problems and hazards.
7. Research, develop, prepare and implement policies and procedures as needed for access to library materials. Design and update forms, book bands and training materials. Train co-workers and students on proper processes and procedures.
8. Provide research and circulation assistance to Stephens students, faculty, and staff as needed.
9. Assist with other duties and projects as assigned, including participation on various library teams.
1. Master’s degree in Library and Information Science; or master’s degree in any field provided candidate has at least two years of related library experience.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a patron-focused philosophy.
Qualified applicants must complete an online Stephens College application as well as submit a cover letter and resume. Please see: https://hire.stephens.edu/JobPDFs/AccessServicesManagerWEB.pdf.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check.
Please contact Dan Kammer, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-876-7273 with any questions you may have.