The Manager of Digital Library Services directs and coordinates Digital Library Services projects by overseeing the digital collections and databases, as well as supervising and training the DLS staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hires, trains, and supervises the staff of the Digital Library Services department.
- Oversees the acquisition, implementation, and promotion of the digital collections, reference/research databases, including contract negotiations.
- Represents the Digital Library Services department in a number of Library department meetings, work groups, and committees.
- Promotes the services of the department at public and Library-related programs, conferences, and community functions.
- Coordinates the digitization of in-house projects.
- Handles customer services questions and complaints.
- Prepares department budget request.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Database management.
- Creative software for video and audio creation.
- VR technology.
- 3D printers.
- Digital makerspace application software.
- Monday through Friday, 9 am-6 pm
Working at the St. Louis Public Library means you're making a difference in your community. Come work with us!
The St. Louis Public Library employs over 400 full-time and part-time employees working together to accomplish the library’s mission of providing resources and services that support and improve individual, family and community life.
SLPL has 17 locations that serve 79 communities in City of St. Louis and sees more than 2.3 million visitors each year. The Library system has more than four million books and items in its collection and more than 83,000 Library cardholders.