Little Dixie Regional Libraries seeks a creative, enthusiastic, and energetic professional librarian committed to providing high-quality library services for children and their families. The children’s department provides diverse and vibrant programming, strong readers advisory support, and a robust materials collection in an engaging environment.
Supervisor: Little Dixie Regional Libraries Director
Position: Forty hours per week that will include nighttime and weekend hours
Benefits: Competitive salary with paid holidays, paid health and vision insurance, retirement package and more.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years experience in children’s services required
- Creates, organizes, and assists with children’s library services, including readers’ advisory, reference, programming, materials selection, and outreach to schools and day care programs
- Extensive and current knowledge of children’s literature. Must be up to date on news, trends, technology, literature, media and current events that could impact library user’s needs in the future
- Demonstrated ability to create and facilitate library programs that meet developmental and enrichment needs of families, caregivers, parents, babies, and children through grade 5.
- Must be able to design effective print and non-print materials (including digital) to publicize literacy, library resources, services, and programs
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, be service-oriented with good oral and written communication skills, and have a strong interest in children’s services
- Evaluates the collection, orders materials, weeds the collection
- Maintains and expands partnerships with local schools, homeschool groups, and daycare centers within the Randolph and Monroe County area
- Conducts library tours, develops and implements youth programming on a regular basis and assists with planning programs with branch personnel
- Develops and maintains resources and files for programming materials and keeps branch personnel informed of available resources
- Plans and executes staff development opportunities for children’s services system-wide
- Stays current with the internet and software technologies for youth services
- Assists and supervises development of displays of seasonal and theme-based decorations for the library
- Works cooperatively and in a cooperative harmony with staff members, administrators, and community
- Implements best practices and latest trends in children’s services
- Other duties as assigned
Little Dixie Regional Libraries is a dynamic library system located in north central Missouri covering the counties of Randolph and Monroe. Handling a service area of roughly 32,000 users, Little Dixie Regional Libraries strives to be innovative and to serve our patrons in the best possible ways possible.
Please email resume and other appropriate documents by January 31, 2018 to email@example.com
For questions, please contact 660.263.4426