Duties and Responsibilities
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is currently seeking a library paraprofessional to serve as Technical Services and Interlibrary Loan Administrator. The position is responsible for borrowing material from other libraries as requested by STLCOP affiliates and lending STLCOP material to outside institutions, in addition to managing all Library acquisitions and assisting with the maintenance of the Library's internal website. The position requires both the ability to think clearly when dealing with the variances of ILL, as well as strong technical skills to handle acquisitions and detailed online projects. The position provides Service Desk backup as needed.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Using online interlibrary loan networks, complete daily processing of requests by STLCOP affiliates to borrow material not available in the STLCOP Library.
- Using online interlibrary loan networks, complete daily processing of requests from outside institutions for material available in the STLCOP Library.
- Use print and electronic media to verify requests as necessary.
- Requires accurate and detailed record keeping to assure quality of service, and to provide usage statistics.
- Responsible for managing invoices associated with Interlibrary Loan.
- Handles all aspects of Copyright Clearance Center reporting, and generate all billing associated with CCC usage.
- Orders all material suggested for purchase by Library faculty and other College faculty. Requires contact and familiarity with various vendors and suppliers. Responsible for acquiring all required course reserve material every semester, and managing all invoices resulting from acquisitions activities.
- Coordinates with vendors to create and maintain standing order programs. Includes updating as needed, handling problems, and identifying titles for inclusion and removal from standing order list. Manages all invoices associated with programs.
- Responsible for processing all new and donated material, and ordering all supplies used in processing.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Library's internal webpage.
- Responsible for publicizing the arrival of new materials, updating Library hours for breaks and other special hours, and creating informative and pertinent announcements for Library users on the Library's internal webpage
- Updates links and resolve issues as needed.
Supervisor of Student Assistant
- Supervise one student library assistant in material processing activities, ILL material retrieval and scanning activities, and ILL data entry.
Knowledge & Expertise
A. Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences required.
- Previous library experience, preferably in academic or Interlibrary Loan setting.
B. Technical Skills/Abilities:
- Experience with OCLC Worldshare and/or Docline.
C. Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of positions.
D. Physical Demands
- Must be able to type on a keyboard and use a mouse approximately 4 hours per day, reach top library shelf, lift up to 35 pounds of books in the course of shelving or shifting stacks, and be able to bend and move quickly while shelving books and journals.
If this sounds like the job for you here is information on how to apply:
Follow the steps to apply online and submit a cover letter, resume/CV and references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Daniel Bauer, 314-446-8308 or Daniel.Bauer@stlcop.edu
St. Louis College of Pharmacy is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled