Rockhurst University seeks a collaborative and proactive Research, Learning and Assessment Services Librarian for the Greenlease Library of Rockhurst University. Founded by the Jesuits in 1910, Rockhurst is a comprehensive university of 3000 students that offers more than fifty undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs taught by nationally recognized faculty. Rockhurst emphasizes learning, leadership, and service. Our mission is to transform lives by creating a learning community centered on excellence in undergraduate liberal and graduate education. Rockhurst is Catholic and Jesuit, involved in the life and growth of the city and the region, and committed to the service of the contemporary world. We employ approximately 500 faculty and staff.
The incumbent is responsible for oversight of functional areas in the research and learning services department, including information literacy instruction, reference, interlibrary loan, circulation, and reserves. This position supervises 1 full-time professional librarian and 3 part-time paraprofessionals. This position serves as the primary instruction librarian. The position will develop, coordinate, and promote assessment programs for the Greenlease Library in collaboration with the Library Director. This position is responsible to act as the lead liaison for multiple academic units and serve on library and campus committees as appropriate.
The successful candidate will demonstrate solid experience with library technology including integrated library systems, databases, web applications, general assessment or data visualization tools, emerging technologies, and public interfaces. Strong strategic planning skills, independent judgment, and the ability to make decisions with positive outcomes for the library are required.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- ALA-accredited Master's in Library Science
- Evidence of progressively responsible experience in at least one or more of the public service areas of an academic library: research services, interlibrary loan, access services, or information literacy instruction.
- Demonstrated record of increasing knowledge and responsibility in supervisory oversight, support, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills including preparation of reports, analysis of data, creation and dissemination of policies and procedures, and communication with various constituencies on and off campus.
- Strong customer service attitude, as well as a positive, proactive approach to problem solving.
- Data analysis, assessment, and reporting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of project management
- Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community
- Record of scholarly or other professional activity
- Commitment to outreach and working with a diverse community
- Respect for the Catholic, Jesuit tradition and enthusiasm for the library mission, values, and vision.
Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the University, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should submit a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and three professional references. Salary range is dependent on experience and qualifications, with a competitive benefits package. Rockhurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify.
Submit Applications at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=3090...