Electronic Resources Librarian
The Rockhurst University Greenlease Library is currently accepting applications for a dynamic and innovative professional to serve as Electronic Resources Librarian, a full-time staff position in the Content Management and Discovery Services Department. This new position is part of the library’s growth in electronic resources and the health sciences. This position reports to the Content Management and Discovery Services Librarian. Rockhurst is a comprehensive university of 3000 students that offers more than fifty undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs taught by nationally recognized faculty. Rockhurst emphasizes learning, leadership, and service. Our mission is to transform lives by creating a learning community centered on excellence in undergraduate liberal and graduate education. Rockhurst is Catholic and Jesuit, involved in the life and growth of the city and the region, and committed to the service of the contemporary world. We employ approximately 500 faculty and staff.
The incumbent is responsible for managing the life cycle of electronic resources, including providing seamless access to the Library’s electronic resources, including online journals, databases, streaming video, and eBooks. This position is responsible to act as the lead liaison for the health sciences and serve on library and campus committees as appropriate. The successful candidate will bring a solid understanding of vendor publishing models, negotiating, licensing, and electronic resource management. The Electronic Resources Librarian works cooperatively with faculty and staff to identify new e-resources, communicate changes, evaluate content for discoverability and access, and to resolve issues. The collaborative professional who earns this position will excel at identifying, developing, and implementing best practices and procedures at all stages of the electronic resource life cycle.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- ALA-accredited Master's degree
- 3 years of related experience in managing electronic resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member, proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts.
- Strong customer service attitude, as well as a positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience managing electronic resources, establishing workflows, working with Sierra ILS, discovery layer and EZproxy.
- Knowledge of the electronic product market, vendors, publishing issues and trends, pricing models, and licensing.
- Working knowledge of digital tools, standards, and initiatives, such as SUSHI, Open URL and Counter.
- Ability to provide and maintain access to electronic resources through software such as link resolvers, knowledge bases, discovery services, access management platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of electronic content delivery and organizations, and best practices in improving discoverability.
- Data analysis, assessment, and reporting experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong interest in supporting the health sciences.
- Respect for the Catholic, Jesuit tradition and enthusiasm for the library mission, values, and vision.
Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the University, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and three letters of reference.
Salary range is $56,000-$61,000, dependent on experience and qualifications, with a competitive benefits package.
Rockhurst cannot accept any application materials (resumes, cover letters, etc.) by email, mail, or walk-in. All applications and application materials must be submitted through our online application system. https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=27304&clientkey=76B960DE16E1EABF6B6D63157F84F11F.