Appointment Date: Position available immediately – Open until filled
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinates all circulation activities including the promotion and maintenance of books, reserves, journals, closed stacks, newspapers, and laptops. Responsible for training, scheduling, and supervising: student staff, graduate assistants and part time evening library personnel. This position will Implement and update student and staff procedures working collaboratively with the library team as well as gather statistics and data for the end of year report.
- Collects fines and coordinates reporting with the Business Office.
- Supervises check-in and shelving of print materials.
- Participates as a member of the library team and contributes to the development of departmental goals objectives, policies, procedures, and service standards. Participates as a member of the Kansas City Access Committee and MOBIUS Access Groups.
- Assists patrons with questions and queries; provides information regarding library system policies and procedures. Database instruction to students, staff and faculty in formal and informal settings.
Experience: 5 years of progressive experience in a library setting.
Prefer: Cataloging Experience
Salary: Competitive salary.
Benefits: This is a full-time staff position, eligible for the usual and customary benefits. Avila University’s comprehensive benefit package includes a generous holiday schedule, tuition remission for employee and dependents, vacation and sick leave, retirement benefits, health & dental insurance.
Application Information: Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred) or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64145-1698
The Community: Kansas City, a two-state metropolitan area with a population of nearly two million, offers a wide variety of cultural, educational and social life opportunities
Avila University, a Catholic university founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, provides undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and professional studies, preparing lifelong learners who make meaningful contributions to the global community.
Avila University is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not unlawfully discriminate in the recruitment of applicants, employment opportunities, or general employment practices on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, color, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.