The J. Oliver Buswell Jr. Library at Covenant Theological Seminary is seeking a service-oriented and collaborative professional to serve as full-time Technical Services Librarian.
Start date: July 1, 2019 but library does have some flexibility.
- Perform original descriptive and subject cataloging for library materials in a variety of formats, including print books, e-books, serials, audio, video, etc., using current cataloging standards (i.e., RDA and MARC) and Library of Congress subject classification.
- Perform copy cataloging utilizing the SkyRiver bibliographic utility and enhance records as needed to maintain high metadata quality standards.
- Create item records and assign Library of Congress call numbers.
- Maintain authority control.
- Formulate, implement, and optimize technical services policies and procedures in coordination with other library staff.
- Oversee interlibrary borrowing and lending activity through WorldShare ILL.
- Assist in aspects of collection development such as collection analysis, preservation, and de-selection.
- Supervise staff for acquisitions, materials processing, preservation, and interlibrary resource sharing.
- Help maintain a welcoming and professional environment.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited school.
- A strong working knowledge of RDA, MARC, and Library of Congress classification.
- Ability to build and sustain effective interpersonal relationships with library staff, students, and faculty.
- Analytical, organizational, and time management skills, and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, and library-related applications. Working knowledge of standard office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Capacity to adapt to a changing environment and to respond effectively to new needs and priorities.
- Prior experience in an academic library, especially a theological library.
- Prior experience in technical services.
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces, Inc.’s Sierra ILS.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter by March 15, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.