MOBIUS is a dynamic, forward-thinking organization. To remain vibrant, membership must keep current with ever-changing library technologies and trends. To this end, and in accordance with the Strategic Plan, MOBIUS offers the Robin Kespohl IUG Conference Scholarship to encourage and support the professional growth and development of our membership.
The Robin Kespohl IUG Conference Scholarship will fund the attendance of one (1) individual MOBIUS member to attend the annual Innovative Users Group (IUG) Conference. The mission of IUG is to:
- Serve as a forum to influence the development and improvement of Innovative Interfaces, Inc. products for the benefit of IUG members.
- Foster and improve relationships and communication among members, and between members and Innovative Interfaces.
- Gather and disseminate information on the use of Innovative products among the users of the systems.
To be considered for the MOBIUS IUG Scholarship, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time employee at a MOBIUS member library.
- Actively use an Innovative product as an essential part of his or her job.
- Not attended the IUG conference within the past 2 years.
Application forms are sent out each winter. Current Board members and MOBIUS staff are not eligible for this scholarship.
Honoring Robin Kespohl
On December 14, 2018, the MOBIUS Board of Directors renamed the MOBIUS IUG Conference Scholarship to the Robin Kespohl IUG Conference Scholarship. Robin worked for MOBIUS for seven years and before that for over 30 years at Ellis Library at the University of Missouri - Columbia. According to George Rickerson, first MOBIUS Executive Director, “Robin was responsible for getting the initial clusters up and running and it was due to her amazing intelligence, energy, grace, wisdom and determination that it was so successful. It is not hyperbole to say that it would not have happened without her, at least not on time and certainly not as smoothly.” Robin passed away on February 16, 2018.