Library Juice Academy offers a range of online professional development workshops for librarians and other library staff, focusing on practical topics to build new skills. Emphasis is on student interaction with instructors and with each other, supported by a variety of class assignments and reading materials. The instructors are librarians and LIS faculty who have developed specialized knowledge in the subjects they teach. Our workshops earn Continuing Education Units, and are intended as professional development activities. Workshops are taught asynchronously, so you can participate as your own schedule allows, within a four or six-week period.
While academic programs focus on conceptual understanding of foundations, we focus on the kinds of skills that library schools generally expect librarians to learn on-the-job, but which usually turn out to require additional study.
Most courses are four weeks in length, and require a total of approximately 15 hours of work. The cost is $175 before the MOBIUS discount; $250 for our six-week classes. Courses are taught asynchronously, on the Moodle platform, so participants are able to do the work as their own schedules permit.
Available Products & Services
Through a partnership with Library Juice Academy, MOBIUS members receive a 20% discount on LJA courses and webinars when using the code MOBIUS during registration.
How to register for a course or webinar:
- Select one of the links below or go to libraryjuiceacademy.com for the complete course catalog
- Once you select your desired course, click on the "Register" button
- Enter the number of individuals that will be participating in the "Quantity" box
- Enter the names and email addresses of those participating
- In the "Voucher" section, type in MOBIUS in the "Discount coupon" box and select "Recalculate"
- Once the total has been adjusted then select "Go to Payments" to pay for the course
Please contact Christina Virden, email@example.com if you have any questions.