- About MOBIUS
- Groups & Task Forces
- Board of Directors
- MOBIUS Membership
- MOBIUS Advisory Groups
- MAAC - MOBIUS Access Advisory Group
- MACPAC - MOBIUS Annual Conference Planning Advisory Group
- MCDAC - MOBIUS Catalog Design Advisory Group
- MCMAC - MOBIUS Collection Management Advisory Group
- Advisory Group Policies and Procedures
- MOBIUS Task Forces
- MOBIUS Clusters
- Camden County Library
- Christian County Library
- Kansas City
- Missouri River Regional Library
- Saint Louis University
- Springfield-Greene County Library
- Washington University
- Inactive Groups, Committees, & Task Forces
- MCAG - MOBIUS Coordinators Advisory Committee (2002-2009)
- MERAC - MOBIUS Electronic Resources Advisory Committee (2000-2009)
- MOBIUS Strategic Plan Subcommittee of the Executive Committee (2009)
- MOBIUS Bylaws Standing Council Committee (2008-2010)
- MOBIUS Core Services & Products Task Force (2010)
- MOBIUS Crossroads Task Force (2009)
- MOBIUS Public Libraries Task Force (2011)
- Strategic Planning Task Force
- MACPAC Shair Fair Subcommittee
- Task Force on Authority Control (2009-2010)
- Task Force on the Financial Plan (2008)
- Task Force on Governance & Growth Management (2005-2006)
- Task Force on the ILS (2007-2008)
- Task Force on Long Range Planning (2003)
- Task Force on Public Libraries (2003)
- Task Force on Strategic Planning (2009-2013)
- Task Force on the Website (2007)
- Task Force on Cooperative Collection Development (2002)
- Circulation & Delivery
- General Information
- Circulation, INN-Reach, and ILL
- Lending & Borrowing Statistics
- Label Maker
- Policies, Procedures, and Best Practices
- Collection Management
- Cataloging Error Report Form
- E-Vendor List and Request Form
- Electronic Resources
- Cataloging Policies and Procedures
- InnReach Holdings Reports
- Subject Selectors
- Help Desk
- Annual Conference
Posted January 29, 2009 - 4:12pm by mobius
The MOBIUS fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Adopted by MOBIUS Board of Directors: 1 May 2009
Revised: May 5, 2011
Replaces: MOBIUS Advisory Group Charges Policy, 18 Nov 2005 (partially)
Type of Group: Standing Group
Charge: The MOBIUS Access Advisory Group is responsible for member/user oversight of the circulation and interlibrary loan functions of the MOBIUS Union Catalog. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Recommends, reviews, and updates loan policies for the MOBIUS union catalog, such as loan periods, fines, holds, blocks, maximum loans, reconciliation for lost or damaged materials, etc. Such policies should take into consideration the different types and sizes of member libraries to ensure equitable benefit. Circulation decisions restricted to clusters or libraries operating their own server are not the purview of this advisory group.
- Monitors user and system performance for activities, such as turnaround time and load balancing.
- Proposes and engages in special projects affecting access services in consultation with the MOBIUS Consortium Office.
- Evaluates and recommends new system features affecting access to the union catalog.
All proposed policies and other recommendations must be submitted to the MOBIUS Executive Group for approval.
Membership: Each MOBIUS cluster and each institution not in a cluster but operating its own server is allocated 1 member representative to the MOBIUS Access Advisory Group.
Member qualifications: Members must be knowledgeable about the issues involved with the loaning and borrowing of library materials, as well as the various types of materials collected by and made accessible through library catalogs. In addition, members must be knowledgeable regarding technological advances that provide access to library catalogs through increasingly sophisticated means, such as personal mobile devices. Members may be required to attend a group orientation session at the MOBIUS Annual Conference.
Membership Restrictions: Members must be employed by a library using the MOBIUS union catalog.
Frequency of Meetings: As needed with an annual minimum of quarterly.
Group Discussion List: A group discussion list is maintained by the MOBIUS Consortium Office for the work of the group and is accessible only to current group members.
Communication of the Group Minutes: Notification of meetings must be posted to the MOBIUS web calendar two weeks prior to the date of the meeting. Minutes of the meetings must be submitted to the MOBIUS Online Help Desk for posting on the MOBIUS web site within 30 days of each meeting and are accessible to any person with the proper MOBIUS permissions. Notification of posting will be sent to the appropriate consortium listserv.
Annual Report: The Group chair will prepare an annual report to the Board of Directors in June of each year.
Current MembershipSortable columns have blue headings. Clicking on a column heading will sort by that column.
Meetings, Documents, and Agendas
The MOBIUS fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Click an FY label to show/hide meetings for that year. PLEASE NOTE: Files related to an individual meeting may be missing. If MOBIUS never received an agenda for instance, we wouldn't have been able to post it. Likewise, if you have a document that is missing from the website please send it to us for posting!