- About MOBIUS
- Associate Membership
- Governance Documents
- MOBIUS Org Chart
- Board of Directors
- MOBIUS Membership
- Current MOBIUS Libraries
- List of MOBIUS Branches
- Join MOBIUS
- Newsletters & Annual Reports
- MOBIUS Branding
- Groups & Task Forces
- Board of Directors
- MOBIUS Membership
- MOBIUS Advisory Groups
- MAAC - MOBIUS Access Advisory Group
- MACPAC - MOBIUS Annual Conference Planning Advisory Group
- MCDAC - MOBIUS Catalog Design Advisory Group
- MCMAC - MOBIUS Collection Management Advisory Group
- Advisory Group Policies and Procedures
- MOBIUS Task Forces
- MOBIUS Clusters
- Camden County Library
- Christian County Library
- Kansas City
- Missouri River Regional Library
- Saint Louis University
- Springfield-Greene County Library
- Tulsa City-County Library
- Washington University
- Inactive Groups, Committees, & Task Forces
- MCAG - MOBIUS Coordinators Advisory Committee (2002-2009)
- MERAC - MOBIUS Electronic Resources Advisory Committee (2000-2009)
- MOBIUS Strategic Plan Subcommittee of the Executive Committee (2009)
- MOBIUS Bylaws Standing Council Committee (2008-2010)
- MOBIUS Core Services & Products Task Force (2010)
- MOBIUS Crossroads Task Force (2009)
- MOBIUS Public Libraries Task Force (2011)
- Strategic Planning Task Force
- MACPAC Shair Fair Subcommittee
- Task Force on Authority Control (2009-2010)
- Task Force on the Financial Plan (2008)
- Task Force on Governance & Growth Management (2005-2006)
- Task Force on the ILS (2007-2008)
- Task Force on Long Range Planning (2003)
- Task Force on Public Libraries (2003)
- Task Force on Strategic Planning (2009-2013)
- Task Force on the Website (2007)
- Task Force on Cooperative Collection Development (2002)
- 2012-2013 Assessment Model Review Committee
- Circulation & Delivery
- General Information
- Circulation, INN-Reach, and ILL
- Lending & Borrowing Statistics
- Label Maker
- Policies, Procedures, and Best Practices
- Collection Management
- Cataloging Error Report Form
- E-Vendor List and Request Form
- Electronic Resources
- Cataloging Policies and Procedures
- InnReach Holdings Reports
- Subject Selectors
- Help Desk
- Annual Conference
Good News Everyone!
Coming in the Spring of 2015 MOBIUS will have a new cluster called Explore! This will be our 11th cluster and the first one created since our original inception.
The new cluster will include the member libraries of the St. Louis Research Library Consortium who currently manage their own Innovative system. This consortium will be migrating to Sierra and becoming a full MOBIUS partner.
The new cluster libraries include the Missouri History Museum, the Missouri Botanical Garden, the St. Louis Art Museum, and Barnes-Jewish College Goldfarb School of Nursing. Goldfarb and the Art Museum currently share their materials via the MOBIUS Union Catalog but will now become full members.
We are excited about this new partnership and the access this will bring for you and your users to some very special collections in Missouri.
More information about these libraries can be found at:
MOBIUS is proud to announce that beginning Wednesday morning, July 16th, Tulsa City-County Library (TCCL) will be full partners with MOBIUS when their holdings will become available for requesting in the MOBIUS INN-Reach Union Catalog.
In the last month we have addressed an unexpected software issue while establishing a new courier relationship with Trans Amigos Express (TAE). What this means is that any MOBIUS library may now borrow from TCCL (and vice versa) while using our existing courier system (1st Choice). Additionally, our courier service can now be used to send and receive materials with any TAE library. The full list of TAE libraries are now included in our label maker, which can be found on the MOBIUS web site..
We are very excited to have such a progressive, dynamic library system join the MOBIUS family of libraries.
Fast Facts about TCCL
Population Served: 613,816
Registered Customers: 415,473
Annual Circulation: 6.027,407
Reference Questions Answered: 520,655
Information Questions Answered: 757,616
Reserves Filled: 946,924
Interlibrary Loans: 15,362
Meeting Room Users: 108,694
Information taken from Tulsa City-County's Annual Report Summary, July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013.
MOBIUS is excited to announce a new collaboration with the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries. Starting later this Spring, MOBIUS libraries and the Alliance libraries will be able to share materials through our mutual InnReach systems.
The Alliance manages a union catalog using Innovative Interface's InnReach system called Prospector. Prospector has 42 academic, public and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. This will give MOBIUS libraries access to more than 30 million items including audio-visual materials. MOBIUS libraries will click a "Search Prospector" button on the MOBIUS Union Catalog (and on the local catalogs if you wish) to search and place holds with their own library card directly on the Prospector Union Catalog. Materials will be delivered to our pickup locations through an agreement with the MOBIUS Courier, 1st Choice, and CliC, the courier system for the Alliance. Delivery will be 5 days per week. Information about courier procedures will be announced at a later date as we have information.
The Alliance libraries will have access to the 25 million items on the MOBIUS Union Catalog and will be able to place holds directly on our catalog. Holdings will not be loaded onto either union catalog. A new piece of software from Innovative called Peer-to-Peer will be connecting the two union catalogs for resource sharing purposes. Both organizations will abide by each others' loan rules. Pickup anywhere will not be available. Materials will be processed the same as any other InnReach material.
Prospector contains the holdings for the Center for Research Libraries which will allow those libraries that are members to place holds and have them delivered to a MOBIUS library. Washington University, University of Missouri-Columbia and University of Missouri-KC are the only MOBIUS member libraries that are Center for Research Library members. However, this will be a huge benefit for those member libraries, making it much faster and easier to request these materials.
You can find out more about the Alliance on their web site at: https://www.coalliance.org/
A list of participating libraries in Prospector can be found at: http://prospectorhome.coalliance.org/prospectornews/about
We are very excited about this new collaboration and hope this new relationship will increase easy access to materials for your and your users.