De Gruyter publishes over 1,300 new titles each year in the humanities, social sciences, STEM, law, and an additional 700 subscription-based or Open Access journals, as well as a variety of digital products.
Stay up to date on all the latest information through our De Gruyter Libraries Twitter: https://twitter.com/degruyter_lib
Available Products & Services
Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception Online
The Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception (EBR) is the only multi-volume reference work to provide users with the current state of knowledge on the background, origins, and development of the canonical texts of the Bible as well as their transmission and reception in religion (Judaism, Christianity, Islam and other non-Western religions) and culture (literature, visual arts, music, film, dance). Unprecedented in breadth and scope, this encyclopedia also documents the history of the Bible's interpretation and reception throughout the centuries until the present day.
- Covers Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, New Testament and historical contexts
- Spans biblical reception in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and other non-Western religions
- Describes biblical influences on literature, visual arts, music, film and dance
- Non-restrictive DRM – allows for an unlimited number of simultaneous users campus / institution-wide
- Approx. 2,000 new articles per year during its development.
- Projected to include 30 volumes in print upon completion
Offer Status: Ongoing
Pricing Good Until Date: June 30, 2018
De Gruyter Journals
De Gruyter journal archives are a perfect one-time purchase of full-text, historical backfiles. Our journal archives are a single comprehensive purchase with perpetual access and no ongoing platform or access fees. Content ownership dates as far back as the early 1800’s with some titles, and all journal archives include content published through 2014.
Don't see the collection you are looking for? Contact us to find out if discounted pricing is available.