What to do if a library item arrives in damaged condition.
If the damage appears to have occurred while traveling through the delivery system the receiving library should document the following information:
- Describe the damage, including the extent of the damage.
- Take a photo of the damage.
- Document the date and time of reception.
- Note the STAT Courier delivery code for the library the damaged book arrived at - this can be found on the MOBIUS label, such a 1-1-100.
Claims should only be made by the library owning the material.
- If the library item belongs to the receiving library, the receiving library can make a claim to MOBIUS using this form.
- If the library item does not belong to the receiving library, the receiving library should notify the owning library and send all the damage documentation to the owning library. The owning library can then make a claim to MOBIUS using this form.
STAT Courier will reimburse for materials up to $50.00 per item.