- About MOBIUS
- Associate Membership
- Governance Documents
- MOBIUS Org Chart
- Board of Directors
- MOBIUS Membership
- Current MOBIUS Libraries
- List of MOBIUS Branches
- Join MOBIUS
- Newsletters & Annual Reports
- MOBIUS Branding
- Groups & Task Forces
- Board of Directors
- MOBIUS Membership
- MOBIUS Advisory Groups
- MAAC - MOBIUS Access Advisory Group
- MACPAC - MOBIUS Annual Conference Planning Advisory Group
- MCDAC - MOBIUS Catalog Design Advisory Group
- MCMAC - MOBIUS Collection Management Advisory Group
- Advisory Group Policies and Procedures
- MOBIUS Task Forces
- MOBIUS Clusters
- Camden County Library
- Christian County Library
- Kansas City
- Missouri River Regional Library
- Saint Louis University
- Springfield-Greene County Library
- Tulsa City-County Library
- Washington University
- Inactive Groups, Committees, & Task Forces
- MCAG - MOBIUS Coordinators Advisory Committee (2002-2009)
- MERAC - MOBIUS Electronic Resources Advisory Committee (2000-2009)
- MOBIUS Strategic Plan Subcommittee of the Executive Committee (2009)
- MOBIUS Bylaws Standing Council Committee (2008-2010)
- MOBIUS Core Services & Products Task Force (2010)
- MOBIUS Crossroads Task Force (2009)
- MOBIUS Public Libraries Task Force (2011)
- Strategic Planning Task Force
- MACPAC Shair Fair Subcommittee
- Task Force on Authority Control (2009-2010)
- Task Force on the Financial Plan (2008)
- Task Force on Governance & Growth Management (2005-2006)
- Task Force on the ILS (2007-2008)
- Task Force on Long Range Planning (2003)
- Task Force on Public Libraries (2003)
- Task Force on Strategic Planning (2009-2013)
- Task Force on the Website (2007)
- Task Force on Cooperative Collection Development (2002)
- 2012-2013 Assessment Model Review Committee
- Circulation & Delivery
- General Information
- Circulation, INN-Reach, and ILL
- Lending & Borrowing Statistics
- Label Maker
- Policies, Procedures, and Best Practices
- Report Lost Item
- Collection Management
- Cataloging Error Report Form
- E-Vendor List and Request Form
- Electronic Resources
- Cataloging Policies and Procedures
- InnReach Holdings Reports
- Subject Selectors
- Help Desk
- Annual Conference
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (MOBIUS EVERGREEN)
This professional information technology position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Missouri Evergreen Integrated Library System. Responsibilities including extracting and migrating data to the Missouri Evergreen system, maintaining a Xen based VM platform for the Evergreen software, developing new application features, and defining, designing and writing code for custom applications. A high degree of interaction with people is involved; therefore sound customer service principles must be applied while fulfilling the technical function. Work includes a wide range of responsibility in providing high-level support.
IT & Web Services
$50,000 to $55,000
Export data from legacy library systems
Analyze source data to ensure quality and completeness
Manipulation and cleanup of source data to prepare for import
Creation and documentation of scripts to facilitate import of legacy data
Maintain and improve the Xen based VM environment for the Missouri
Maintain a number of Linux virtual servers that make up the Missouri
Maintain a number of Linux/Postgres database servers
Build and maintain development, migration, and testing environments
Monitor and respond to problems identified by the remote monitoring
Perform regular system upgrades and fixes
File and/or fix bug reports with the Evergreen community
Contribute to community development of the Evergreen software
Develop new application features and improvements at the request of
Missouri Evergreen libraries.
Research, test, and validate operating system security updates, patches
Respond to computer security and virus incidents to ensure system
integrity. Isolate and repair or rebuild compromised machines in a
Initiate tactical security scans to identify specific vulnerabilities or
unpatched machines. Isolate compromised machines to ensure network
integrity and filter ports as necessary.
Provide advanced-level support on approved software and applications.
Define, design, and write code for custom applications, utilities, and/or
Modify or customize vendor-supplied software to meet needs.
Perform systems administration duties, such as adding and deleting users,
user directories, passwords and applications, and setting up network
addresses, user accounts, and security access rights.
Perform back-up or recovery procedures when needed.
Integrate different computing systems for users if possible and when
necessary. Address compatibility issues to achieve the maximum efficiency
and functionality under conditions.
Develop and maintain own knowledge of supported products. Attend
training and obtain required software and hardware certifications.
Create, plan, test, implement, and document projects to better serve users’
Consult with users regarding commercially available software, site-
licensed software, or applications.
May provide assistance in mapping out specifications regarding software,
hardware, and network options.
Maintain hardware information for inventory and service purposes.
Document and order warranty parts for various computing systems.
Includes completing paperwork, placing phone calls, packing and shipping
Supervision received by the MOBIUS Internet Application Specialist.
Most normal duties and responsibilities are handled independently with
the use of established procedures and policies. Difficult or unique
situations are referred to the supervisor. May be confronted with
hardware/software problems not previously encountered, in which case
more referral may go to expert level staff or those assigned to handle such
Depending on the individual work assignment and competency level,
leadership may be exercised over assigned support staff.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and
educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
At least 3 years experience (or equivalent education or formal training)
administering and securing enterprise level unix systems.
Extensive knowledge of shell prompts, scripting
Extensive knowledge of Apache configuration.
Extensive knowledge of one of more firewall applications (e.g. ip tables).
Extensive knowledge of SQL databases (e.g. postgresql)
Practical knowledge and aptitude in software development with perl.
Practical knowledge writing in one or more programming languages.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills- sufficient to effectively
elicit IT information from users, train users in technical procedures/design,
and document IT related procedures.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with
those contacted in the course of a work assignment and to participate as a
member of a cross departmental project team.
Time management skills and organizational ability for project
Ability to work under pressure; meet inflexible deadlines; deal with difficult
individuals while maintaining composure.
Strong verbal and written communication skills sufficient to interact with a
variety of users and other technical staff.
Strong customer service skills.
Experience with Evergreen
Familiarity with library workflows
Familiarity with MARC records