- About MOBIUS
- Groups & Task Forces
- Board of Directors
- MOBIUS Membership
- MOBIUS Advisory Groups
- MAAC - MOBIUS Access Advisory Group
- MACPAC - MOBIUS Annual Conference Planning Advisory Group
- MCDAC - MOBIUS Catalog Design Advisory Group
- MCMAC - MOBIUS Collection Management Advisory Group
- Advisory Group Policies and Procedures
- MOBIUS Task Forces
- MOBIUS Clusters
- Camden County Library
- Christian County Library
- Kansas City
- Missouri River Regional Library
- Saint Louis University
- Springfield-Greene County Library
- Washington University
- Inactive Groups, Committees, & Task Forces
- MCAG - MOBIUS Coordinators Advisory Committee (2002-2009)
- MERAC - MOBIUS Electronic Resources Advisory Committee (2000-2009)
- MOBIUS Strategic Plan Subcommittee of the Executive Committee (2009)
- MOBIUS Bylaws Standing Council Committee (2008-2010)
- MOBIUS Core Services & Products Task Force (2010)
- MOBIUS Crossroads Task Force (2009)
- MOBIUS Public Libraries Task Force (2011)
- Strategic Planning Task Force
- MACPAC Shair Fair Subcommittee
- Task Force on Authority Control (2009-2010)
- Task Force on the Financial Plan (2008)
- Task Force on Governance & Growth Management (2005-2006)
- Task Force on the ILS (2007-2008)
- Task Force on Long Range Planning (2003)
- Task Force on Public Libraries (2003)
- Task Force on Strategic Planning (2009-2013)
- Task Force on the Website (2007)
- Task Force on Cooperative Collection Development (2002)
- Circulation & Delivery
- General Information
- Circulation, INN-Reach, and ILL
- Lending & Borrowing Statistics
- Label Maker
- Policies, Procedures, and Best Practices
- Collection Management
- Cataloging Error Report Form
- E-Vendor List and Request Form
- Electronic Resources
- Cataloging Policies and Procedures
- InnReach Holdings Reports
- Subject Selectors
- Help Desk
- Annual Conference
Posted March 31, 2009 - 11:47am by mobius
The MOBIUS fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Revised August 31, 2010
The MOBIUS Crossroads Task Force will analyze, develop and recommend the optimal combination of strategic, structural and operational models to achieve the vision articulated above. A knowledgeable and experienced consultant with expertise in the area of library organizational planning should be identified by the Task Force as soon as possible and recommended to the MOBIUS Board of Directors to facilitate the work toward development of a redefined and restructured organization.
MOBIUS is at a crossroad in its history. MOBIUS recently adopted a strategic plan that identifies the need to compensate for the loss of state funding while enhancing the ability to provide members with new information resources and technologies. In considering the desire to broaden its membership and financial base, MOBIUS is hampered by the governance structure that was originally developed to generate the support of parent academic institutions and Missouri state government.
This crossroad provides an opportunity for MOBIUS to create a new, vigorous, more dynamic organization for its members, and through its members, for the citizens of Missouri. A redesigned and restructured MOBIUS will focus on enhancing the value of Missouri libraries and cultural heritage institutions by providing efficient, cost effective information resources and services to promote effective life‐long learning and workforce development opportunities; by exploiting innovative technologies to deliver those resources in new and exciting ways; and by delivering the benefits of scale while retaining the advantages of local customer service for which MOBIUS is well‐known.
A redefined and restructured MOBIUS should include:
- Expanded opportunities for membership from all types of libraries and cultural heritage institutions
- Improved opportunities for cost‐effective sharing of resources statewide and regionally
- Increased purchasing power of an expanded membership
- Increased visibility and advocacy with funding sources
- Greater capacity for innovation
- Expanded opportunities for continuing library education and training
- Extended support for libraries and librarians as change agents within their communities and institutions
- Strengthened access to progressive and thought‐provoking library leadership
- Broader networking and collaborative opportunities between organizations of dissimilar size and structure but with similar mission
- Report on the optimal combination of strategic, structural and operational models that will achieve the vision articulated for MOBIUS – due September 1, 2009
- Analysis of the vision and strategic objectives of MOBIUS in terms of needs and means of potential participants
- Recommendation of a business/financial model
- Recommendation of organization‐wide and executive leadership skills
- Recommendation of a governance structure
- Report on the recommended implementation plan, including timeline – due December 1, 2009
- Board of Directors Strategic Plan Subcommittee Chair (Task Force Chair)
Note: After July 1, new chair of Strategic Plan Subcommittee (Chair‐Elect of Board of Directors) becomes chair of Task Force with former chair remaining as Task Force member (and chair of MOBIUS Board of Directors).
- 1 member of MOBIUS Board of Directors (selected by Chair, MOBIUS Board of Directors)
- 4 members of MOBIUS Council (selected by Chair, MOBIUS Board of Directors)
- 2 members from Missouri Library Community (selected by Chair, MOBIUS Board of Directors)
- MOBIUS Executive Director
- University of Missouri Host Institution Representative
- Missouri State Librarian
- MOREnet representative
- Missouri Department of Higher Education representative
Keen interest aiding in shaping the future of MOBIUS, experience in strategic, organizational, and financial planning, enthusiasm, and patience required.
Must be employed in a MO library.
Frequency of Meetings
Monthly or as needed.
Communication of the Committee Minutes
Minutes of the meetings will be posted on the MOBIUS web site within 30 days of each meeting. Notification of posting will be sent to the appropriate consortium listserv.
No annual report required but progress reports are expected by the Board of Directors at each meeting of the EC and a final report will be due not later than.
Consortium Staff Liaison
MOBIUS Executive Director
|Bacon, Donna||Member||MCO||MOBIUS Consortium Office|
|Baker, Shirley||Chair||WashU||Washington University (Olin)|
|Conroy, Margaret||Member||Other||Missouri Secretary of State Office|
|Dudley, Erlene||Member||Arthur||William Woods University|
|Gallimore, Tim||Member||Other||Department of Higher Education|
|Gerling, Angela||Member||Arthur||Westminster College|
|Washburn, Michael||Member||MRRL||Missouri River Regional Library|
This group does not currently have any members.
Meetings, Documents, and Agendas
The MOBIUS fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Click an FY label to show/hide meetings for that year. PLEASE NOTE: Files related to an individual meeting may be missing. If MOBIUS never received an agenda for instance, we wouldn't have been able to post it. Likewise, if you have a document that is missing from the website please send it to us for posting!