- About MOBIUS
- Groups & Task Forces
- Board of Directors
- MOBIUS Membership
- MOBIUS Advisory Groups
- MAAC - MOBIUS Access Advisory Group
- MACPAC - MOBIUS Annual Conference Planning Advisory Group
- MCDAC - MOBIUS Catalog Design Advisory Group
- MCMAC - MOBIUS Collection Management Advisory Group
- Advisory Group Policies and Procedures
- MOBIUS Task Forces
- MOBIUS Clusters
- Camden County Library
- Christian County Library
- Kansas City
- Missouri River Regional Library
- Saint Louis University
- Springfield-Greene County Library
- Washington University
- Inactive Groups, Committees, & Task Forces
- MCAG - MOBIUS Coordinators Advisory Committee (2002-2009)
- MERAC - MOBIUS Electronic Resources Advisory Committee (2000-2009)
- MOBIUS Strategic Plan Subcommittee of the Executive Committee (2009)
- MOBIUS Bylaws Standing Council Committee (2008-2010)
- MOBIUS Core Services & Products Task Force (2010)
- MOBIUS Crossroads Task Force (2009)
- MOBIUS Public Libraries Task Force (2011)
- Strategic Planning Task Force
- MACPAC Shair Fair Subcommittee
- Task Force on Authority Control (2009-2010)
- Task Force on the Financial Plan (2008)
- Task Force on Governance & Growth Management (2005-2006)
- Task Force on the ILS (2007-2008)
- Task Force on Long Range Planning (2003)
- Task Force on Public Libraries (2003)
- Task Force on Strategic Planning (2009-2013)
- Task Force on the Website (2007)
- Task Force on Cooperative Collection Development (2002)
- Circulation & Delivery
- General Information
- Circulation, INN-Reach, and ILL
- Lending & Borrowing Statistics
- Label Maker
- Policies, Procedures, and Best Practices
- Collection Management
- Cataloging Error Report Form
- E-Vendor List and Request Form
- Electronic Resources
- Cataloging Policies and Procedures
- InnReach Holdings Reports
- Subject Selectors
- Help Desk
- Annual Conference
Posted December 17, 2008 - 3:59pm by mobius
The MOBIUS fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
The name of the Committee is the MERLIN Collection Development & Reference Services Committee, abbreviated MCDRSC, and includes representatives from the MIRACL libraries: University of Missouri System Libraries (UM-C, UM-KC, UM-R, UM-STL), Saint Louis University Libraries, and Washington University Library.
GOAL: To develop, monitor and evaluate the MIRACL level collections and enhance and facilitate user access to shared electronic resources, in order to strengthen the information resource base of the member institutions thereby promoting excellence in academic research and instruction.
The MERLIN Collection Development & Reference Services Committee (MCDRSC) is charged by the MERLIN/MIRACL Library Directors to address the following issues and others as directed:
I. The MERLIN Collection Development & Reference Services Committee (MCDRSC) will develop an effective process for the selection of electronic resources for consortial purchase.
· Gather available data for MERLIN resources for a thorough evaluation of their value to users.
· Review database options to determine the best additions or replacements.
· Study, evaluate, and recommend to the MERLIN Library Directors and the MIRACL Library Directors the selection, deselection, or other changes to the group of jointly funded databases and full-content electronic information resources.
· Develop mechanisms to survey relative collection strengths throughout the consortium and to suggest purchases to increase coverage where needs are identified.
· Work with MCO to monitor national current practices and innovative efforts by other consortium or purchasing-group efforts, vendor offers, or other selection models to maximize available funding to meet user information needs.
II. The MCDRSC will oversee system-wide decisions relating to the configuration and presentation of the MERLIN online catalog and databases.
· Share current promotion and instruction methods of MERLIN resources in use at individual campuses
· Investigate means of integration of shared electronic resources
· Committee members will consult with users and colleagues on their respective campuses in reviewing the MERLIN WebPAC options to determine the best additions or replacements and coordinate implementation with MCO.
III. The MERLIN Collection Development & Reference Services Committee will work with the MOBIUS Consortium Office in ongoing development and beta test projects involving new information access tools and technologies; and with other MOBIUS and MERLIN committees as appropriate, as directed by the MERLIN Library Directors.
IV. The MCDRSC will explore opportunities in the area of collection development and collection management.
V. The MCDRSC will investigate additional cooperative initiatives for non-digital materials as appropriate.
VI. The MERLIN Collection Development & Reference Services Committee will work with the MCO digital office and other MERLIN/MIRACL committees to set priorities for the consortial development of digital resources based on the library collections of member institutions.
VII. The MCDRSC will establish a formal statement of guidelines and principles by which to develop recommendations. This document will provide a framework for committee activity and decision making.
VIII. The MCDRSC will establish subcommittees as needed to study/develop methods of collaboration in specified areas of shared concern, such as specific subject areas, new academic programs, offsite collection storage, library instruction and reference services.
IX. The MCDRSC will work to strengthen the MERLIN/MIRACL environments as appropriate, and as directed by the MERLIN/MIRACL Library Directors, such as the developing MOBIUS network.
Composition of the Committee:
In accordance with the latest MERLIN Committee Structure guidelines, the MERLIN Collection Development & Reference Services Committee (MCDRSC) will follow the principle of one vote per campus.
10 August 2004
Current MembershipSortable columns have blue headings. Clicking on a column heading will sort by that column.
Meetings, Documents, and Agendas
The MOBIUS fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Click an FY label to show/hide meetings for that year. PLEASE NOTE: Files related to an individual meeting may be missing. If MOBIUS never received an agenda for instance, we wouldn't have been able to post it. Likewise, if you have a document that is missing from the website please send it to us for posting!